Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Colour, colour, which colour do you want?

I have noticed that my mood at any point of time is a reflection of the colour of the sky at that moment. A bright sky makes me very happy and cheerful,where as a cloud laden, dark sky pulls my mood down. I am not sure if it is just me or there are people around who feel the same too! Anyhow, a bit of pondering on the topic and a few hours of research with the help of Google, I found out that colours do affect moods.

If I wake up early in the morning to find the sun beginning to rise, the slight strands of red along the horizon, I know that my day is going to be just as beautiful as the view! The early bursts of red give me enough energy to start the day. The red sky teamed with fresh morning green grass, Ah! what a perfect picture of freshness. Red is a energizing colour. It is considered sacred in some cultures where as in others Red signifies Royalty. Red exudes strength and confidence. It is perfectly fitting that the colours of early morning sky are shades of red.

As the day progresses the red gives way to lighter shades of orange and blue finally settling to the shade of sky blue that most people love. Orange is a cheerful colour and is an anti depressant. Blue is also a calming colour and has very relaxing effects. Blue and white both are colours of peace and tranquility. A bright blue sky with a sprinkle of white fluffy clouds set a happy cheerful mood in me. The story is different if it is a rainy day. Dark clouds and a hidden sun, that pulls my mood down. I know of people who love the dark clouds and the rains. There must be a beauty in them that I still have not learned to appreciate.
Evenings are shades of darker blue, red, orange, and sometimes purple. All are colours that bring serenity, strength and helps balance the mind. A wonderful way to wind the day, combating fear and awakening the peace within.
Night skies are always black, mysterious and plain. A perfect way to leave a day behind and get youself a new canvas ready for the colours of the new day.
Nature has everything well planned, even the colours of the sky. Every colour carefully picked to help make a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment