Monday, February 28, 2011

Sparkle Sparkle !!

Our rental agent called us last week to book an appointment for routine house inspection. One look around the house and I knew we were in for a tough weekend. To get a good review and also to enable us to extend our contract period, we needed to get the house in sparkling condition before the review.

We decided to do the cleaning on Sunday, so spent my Sunday scrubbing, mopping, dusting and drying. Its quite a tough job when you do not clean your home regularly. Equipped with a mop, a scrub and a variety of cleaning sprays, liquids and gels, my husband and I set to conquer the dust and slime that had inhabited our house.

Cleaning is a daily process,  but there are some aspects I dont spend much time on everyday. Like the shower cabinet, balcony, etc because they get dirty every time we use them and using them is inevitable.

The only happy part of the cleaning was, though I was doing the tough job of getting the tiles in the shower cabinet to sparkle, I could order around and ask my husband to make tea . :) Cleaning a house throughly requires a whole day and its always best to get you food delivered at you door step or prepared early. I just cant imagine cooking after spending hours handling cleaning agents.

It is through experiment that we have found the best products to clean differrent parts of the house. A clean shower requires a shower cleaner that can cut through the soap residue,  whereas a clean kitchen needs something that wil cut through the oil and that is not harmful when consumed in slight traces. Lets face it, if I place a vegetable on the kitchen slab, it can pick up traces of my cleaner.

Another thing is after cleaning , I really dont want our home to smell like bleach, I want a nice pleasant smell. It is always better if my cleaner has a sweet smell than trying to use air freshener afterwards!!

Well after spending a lot of energy scrubbing tile by tile, and cleaning the carpet inch by inch, wiping windows pane by pane,  and getting a few cuts and bruises on our hands we now have a sparkling house.
Its always worth the effort ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment