Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Floating around in a Snow Globe

For those who are wondering what a snow globe is, Snow globes are attractive see through transparent ornaments with floating glitters and some small figurines or models.
Being a dreamy person, snow globes always capture my attention. I love things that float about, like a balloon in the air or a leaf in the river. I lose my thoughts in them and just stare at them till they float away from my sight. I am very attracted to aimless drifting, maybe because, that exactly describes my personality.
Maybe it is this fondness of staring at floating things that has got me intressted in snow globes.
There is something very magical about snow globes.
I have a few snowglobes and I find myself spending a lot of time just shake them to loosen all the glitter or snow and stare at them after placing them down watching the glitter  slowly float and settle down. I let my thoughts wander about, getting lost in the glitters that float along a random path to finally settle down at the bottom of the globe, where it always belonged. It feels like a perfect dreamy world in the snow globe.
We have started buying snow globes as souvenirs of places we have been to. That explains the penguin snow globe from Phillip island and the clown 'Nemo' fish one from cairns :) We also got one for valentines day which has floating hearts.
There are snowglobes of varous sizes and varying shapes now. No matter what the size and shape, they are always magical.
Now a days, i have also found snow globes with pictures. It would be a great idea to make a globe with pictures of family members and keep them. That would make a wornderful snowglobe family tree. ( Now that has got me thinking! Maybe I will try it out :) )

Taking care of these snow globes are very difficult. Snow globes contain water or other liquids for the 'snow' to float on. Over long periods of time the water gets dirty and can have alge growth.  It is easy to clean if the snow globe comes with a detach button on the bottom which can be used to detach the globe. In that case all you need to do is carefully remove the water and replace it . Easy to clean. In some cases the globe is not detachable.  For the non detachable ones, placing the globes in non direct sunlight will help get rid of the algae.
Snow globes are also perfect gift items and a classy ornamental addtion to any home.

For me it is a perfect magical world in the globe filled with perfect magical emotions.


No comments:

Post a Comment