Monday, February 14, 2011

A heart every Valentines Day.

A day that celebrates love by exchanging candies, flowers and gifts. That is today, 14th of February, Valentines day.  There are many stories that tell the history of Valentines day. The most popular one is the one involving St. Valentine. St. Valentine was a priest in Rome who was put to death  for  performing marriages which was outlawed by the king because the king thought that  single men made better soldiers.
For years I was clouded by the belief that this day is popularized by the greeting card and gift manufacturers to increase sales but now this day has become one to break away from the daily grind, take a few minutes from your busy schedule, to express your love to all those you care about. My husband, mother, father, brother and all those close to me who have warmed my heart and still continue to do so. One special day for all those whom I love.
It feels special to sit with my husband, hold hands and to whisper, 'I love you and will love to grow older with you'. My husband and I, have made it a valentines day ritual to get ourselves a small heart shaped souvenir every year. We do the shopping together and have great fun doing so. While I select the more softer girlie versions, he prefers more innovative stuff. There are many more occasions when you can do things like this together, anniversaries for instance, but those are days we like to surprise each other. Valentines day holds no surprises, only love,warmth and togetherness.




 Happy Valentines Day to the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment