Friday, February 11, 2011

The Lamppost.


Sometimes, I feel I am like a lamppost. There are so many similar lamposts on the street, each one of them imparting some light to conquer the darkness of the streets.That is my purpose and I am glad that I am part of it. That does not mean I am content!
Does anyone remember me being one among the similar many? People come towards my light, some stand in the light for their own needs and once their needs are fulfilled, they walk away towards the next lamppost that lay ahead of them. I continue to stand there, shining my light.
I look only for people approaching me, I care only for people who need my light, I dont think about them who have walked away.


This has happened so often in my life, that I feel it was inevitable that I lose touch with someone or that I forget someone in my life. All through my life, I have changed locations so often and I have made so many friends, but very few have survived all my location changes and are still in touch with me.
Why is it that I dint keep the tape of friendship rolling with all those friends I had made. Well! for one, keeping in touch and maintaining friendship, until recently, was an expensive thing if your friends dint share the same location as you. Now a days thanks to cheaper internet broadband rates, social networking / messaging sites and cheaper calling rates, things have become much easier.  But it is not just that. I think I was being naive and I chose which friends I would keep.
Now as an adult I know, all of them were precious and having them along with me in my life journey would have been fun! Anyways, there is still time and hope to make amends. Now I am frantically searching through all the social networking sites for my precious long lost friends. I am sure I will be successful unless my memory fails me!

No comments:

Post a Comment