Thursday, January 27, 2011

Magnetic Puzzle cube

A post dedicated to my recent addiction- a cube made up of 216 rare earth magnetic balls, the Neo cube

The first time I saw this cube at a toy store, I was attracted to the small 'click' sounds the magnets make when when pulled apart and left to join back together and the beauty of the small magnet balls stuck to each other had me wondering, what the purpose of the toy could be. A bit of help from Google, after I reached home and I wanted the magnetic cube for myself.


We bought one online and we find it difficult to put down. This is more of a puzzle toy and there are infinite amounts of shapes that you can form with it. Every time I am puzzled by how the North and South poles of the small magnets are formed. It is based on this alignment of each of the magnet that the shapes can be made. The polarity of the magnet matters, since some very innovative shapes I have tried have got disturbed due to magnets sticking at the wrong places.


It is most easiest to draw out the magnet balls into one long string, where as i find it very difficult to get it back to it original form, the cube. You can make some really cool geometric shapes in three dimensions.






Who would want to keep it in a cube when all u would feel like doing is break it and start on a new shape! it is an effective stress buster too!

The magnetic cube is a wonderful way to pass time and very addictive. It is my new prefect hobby tool.  I have just started and I am hoping to make some nice shapes with it. Check this toy out! I am sure the cube will capture your imagination :)
Just Google for magnetic cube and get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment